Are you looking for volunteer experience within the charity sector? We have an opportunity to volunteer with Housing Team at our head office in Harlesden.
If you are interested in this role please read the role description below and contact Katie Kenyon for an application via email@example.com or 0207 604 5173
Brent Mind Role Description for Housing Volunteer
5 hours per day between 10am – 4.00pm or by agreement, minimum 1 day per week.
Venue: Brent Mind Head Office, The Design Works, Harlesden, London NW10 4HT
- To volunteer on agreed days per week as arranged with Housing Services Manager
- To ensure that Brent Mind’s policies and procedures are adhered to especially Brent Mind’s Confidentiality Policy.
- General filling and shredding of documents
- Writing warning letter to tenants
- Writing arrears letters to tenants
- Reporting urgent repairs via telephone (in the absence of HMA)
- Creating posters
- Preparing house meeting resources
- Tenant forum administration
- Newsletter administration
- Support with case notes when required
- Taking telephone messages for staff when they are unavailable
- Any other Administrative Duties as required.
Skills and Qualities/Experience Needed:
- Basic Word and Outlook.
- Good telephone manner.
- Friendly and welcoming.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ability to work unsupervised.
We will provide:
- Full training and induction on housing admin duties, these include training around confidentiality.
- Induction to Brent Mind training.
- Review after 3 weeks to address any problems
- Supervision and ongoing support.
- Invitation to other training for volunteers in Brent Mind.
- Re-imbursement of travel expenses.
- References available on request.